Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
We continue to provide COVID Vaccination in collaboration with other local practices at the Scout Hut on Oxford Road.
Second doses of COVID Vaccination
We will contact you when your second dose of the COVID vaccination is due. We receive the vaccine to provide your second dose 11 weeks after you had the first dose. This ensures that you have your second dose within 12 weeks after the first.
We will contact you when your second dose is due. You do not need to contact the surgery unless you are in your 11th week and have not heard from us.
From week beginning 22nd March 21 we will only be providing second doses of vaccine. We are not receiving any further vaccine supply for first dose vaccinations.
Queen Mary’s Hospital has now opened a Vaccination Centre to provide first doses of COVID Vaccine
You can book a vaccination through the National Booking System by following the link below or by calling 119.
We are unable to book vaccination appointments for Queen Mary’s Hospital at the Putneymead practice
You can book a vaccination at QMH if you are:
- over 50 years old
- a health and social care workers
- care home resident or staff member
- clinically extremely vulnerable
- have an underlying health condition
- chronic respiratory disease, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis and severe asthma
- chronic heart disease (and vascular disease)
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease
- chronic neurological disease including epilepsy
- Down’s syndrome
- severe and profound learning disability
- solid organ, bone marrow and stem cell transplant recipients
- people with specific cancers
- immunosuppression due to disease or treatment
- asplenia and splenic dysfunction
- morbid obesity
- severe mental illness
- main carer of an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill
- If you would like more information on eligibility for vaccination please follow the link below:
We are receiving a high number of enquires relating to the COVID-19 Vaccinations. Please only contact us only if you really need to.
I have received an invitation for the COVID Vaccination but I have already had it elsewhere?
The IT system that is used to record vaccinations links with our GP records which means that wherever you have the vaccine we will receive notification. However it can take a number of days for our records to be updated by this system. This may mean that you receive an invite from us even those you have had a vaccine. If this is the case please ignore the invite. If you are invited many times by us then please inform us by completing the online form.
I have received a letter or text message inviting me to book a COVID Vaccination through the National Booking System?
You can book for a vaccination at local hospital or mass vaccination sites through this portal.
I have one of the conditions listed above but I have not yet been contacted to have a vaccination?
It may be that we do not have a record of your medical condition that makes you eligible for vaccination. Please complete the online form with the details of the medical condition that you feel makes you eligible for the COVID Vaccination and we will update your records and verify if you are eligible.
I have received an invitation and I am not in one of the eligible groups?
Invitations are based on your medical information on our computer system. We use a sophisticated search to find all those who are eligible, however occasionally there are errors in this process which may mean that you have received an invitation. If you are unsure if you are eligible you can contact us on the online form and we can help to verify this for you.
I am a teacher, am I eligible for the vaccination?
Currently, unless you are in the above eligible groups you are not currently being invited for the vaccination.
Published: Feb 15, 2021
- Covid-19 Overview
- Covid-19 Support (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 Test and Trace
- Covid-19 Vaccination Program (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 vaccination: why you are being asked to wait
- Covid 19: Book a Lateral Flow test (UPDATED)
- NEW Covid 19: Surge Testing
- NEW Instructions when attending Putneymead for an appointment in the isolation Room
- NEW AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine
Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine
- Who can get the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Advice if you're of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding
- How the COVID-19 vaccine is given?
- How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How effective is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How you will be contacted for your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
- What happens at your appointment?
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination
- Can you go back to normal activities after having your vaccine?
- Can you catch COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- What to do next