Who can get the COVID-19 vaccine
"If you are vaccinated in hospital, we will be notified directly. You do not need to inform the practice."
The NHS is currently offering the COVID-19 vaccine to people most at risk from coronavirus.
In England, the vaccine is being offered in some hospitals and pharmacies, at hundreds of local vaccination centres run by GPs and at larger vaccination centres. More centres are opening all the time.
It's being given to:
- people aged 80 and over
- some people aged 70 and over
- some people who are clinically extremely vulnerable
- people who live or work in care homes
- health and social care workers
You also need to be registered with a GP surgery in England. You can register with a GP if you do not have one.
The order in which people will be offered the vaccine is based on advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Wait to be contacted
The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine. It's important not to contact the NHS for a vaccination before then.
Letters are being sent out every week – you might not get your letter straight away.
- Covid-19 Overview
- Covid-19 Support (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 Test and Trace
- Covid-19 Vaccination Program (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 vaccination: why you are being asked to wait
- Covid 19: Book a Lateral Flow test (UPDATED)
- NEW Covid 19: Surge Testing
- NEW Instructions when attending Putneymead for an appointment in the isolation Room
Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine
- NEW Covid 19: DISINFORMATION
- NEW AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine
- Who can get the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Advice if you're of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding
- How the COVID-19 vaccine is given?
- How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How effective is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How you will be contacted for your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
- What happens at your appointment?
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination
- Can you go back to normal activities after having your vaccine?
- Can you catch COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- What to do next