How you will be contacted for your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
"If you are vaccinated in hospital, we will be notified directly. You do not need to inform the practice."
The NHS will contact you when it's your turn to have the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
The vaccine is being offered at larger vaccination centres, pharmacies and some local NHS services such as hospitals or GP surgeries.
When it's your turn, you'll be contacted by letter, text or email with information on how to book your appointment.
More people are being offered the vaccine every week.
By letter, text or email
If you're invited to have your vaccination at a larger vaccination centre or at a pharmacy, you'll get a letter.
If you're invited to have your vaccination at a local centre such as a hospital or GP surgery, you'll usually get a text or email. You may sometimes get a letter.
You can choose to go to a larger vaccination centre or pharmacy, or wait to be invited to go to a local NHS service. More places are opening all the time.
Spotting a scam
The COVID-19 vaccine is free of charge on the NHS.
The NHS will never ask for:
If you think you have been a victim of fraud or identify theft, report it to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
If you have received a letter but not booked an appointment
You may get a phone call from the NHS Immunisation Management Service. This call will be from 0300 561 0240.
This will be a reminder to book your COVID-19 vaccination appointments.
The person you speak to will see if you need any help and support.
They will not call you to book appointments over the phone.
More in Coronavirus vaccination
- Covid-19 Overview
- Covid-19 Support
- Covid-19 Test and Trace
- Covid-19 Vaccination Program
- Covid-19 vaccination: why you are being asked to wait
- Covid 19: Book a Lateral Flow test
Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine
- Who can get the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Advice if you're of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding
- How the COVID-19 vaccine is given?
- How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How effective is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How you will be contacted for your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
- What happens at your appointment?
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination
- Can you go back to normal activities after having your vaccine?
- Can you catch COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- What to do next