Covid vaccine passport: when will vaccination status be on NHS app, how it works - and how to download the app
The app will allow travellers to prove they have been fully vaccinated or recently tested negative for the virus.
You can use the NHS App to get your COVID-19 Vaccine Passport from any internet connected computer, or your SmartPhone.
To use the NHS App (COVID-19 Vaccine Passport) you will need:
To have received your first and second COVID-19 vaccinations
To be registered with a GP in England.
To be over 13 years old.
A mobile phone, this is because every time you log into the NHS App you will be sent an SMS text message to the mobile number you have registered with the NHS. This happens even if you use a computer to access the NHS App. So you will need your own mobile phone, or one you can always borrow, to use the NHS App.
To use the Vaccine Passport you may need a SmartPhone.
To register on the NHS App and get an NHS Login, it helps if you have your NHS Number, passport or driving licence handy to prove your identity [see below on how to find your NHS Number]
What if I can't find my NHS Number?
This service is for anyone living in England who has forgotten or does not know their NHS number. You can use this service for someone else.
How to register on the NHS App to get your COVID-19 Vaccine Passport
Anyone without a smartphone is being asked to avoid calling their GP and instead ring 119 to order a letter confirming their vaccination status.
You can view your COVID-19 vaccination status online and download or print it as a PDF document.
“Proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will be shown within the NHS App. We recommend that you register with the app before booking international travel.”
The NHS App is free to download from the App Store and Google Play.
You can also access NHS App services from the browser on your desktop or laptop computer.
The vaccination information is likely to come from a national computer system, and not your GP's computer system. Therefore, please do not contact your GP Practice to ask to see your COVID 19 Vaccination Passport status.
Published: May 17, 2021
- Covid-19 Overview
- Covid-19 Support (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 Test and Trace
- Covid-19 Vaccination Program (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 vaccination: why you are being asked to wait
- Covid 19: Book a Lateral Flow test (UPDATED)
- NEW Covid 19: Surge Testing
- NEW Instructions when attending Putneymead for an appointment in the isolation Room
Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine
- NEW NHS APP
- NEW Covid 19: DISINFORMATION
- NEW AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine
- Who can get the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Advice if you're of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding
- How the COVID-19 vaccine is given?
- How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How effective is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How you will be contacted for your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
- What happens at your appointment?
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination
- Can you go back to normal activities after having your vaccine?
- Can you catch COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- What to do next