How effective is the COVID-19 vaccine?
"If you are vaccinated in hospital, we will be notified directly. You do not need to inform the practice."
The 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine should give you good protection from coronavirus. But you need to have the 2 doses of the vaccine to give you longer lasting protection.
There is a chance you might still get or spread coronavirus even if you have the vaccine.
This means it is important to:
- continue to follow social distancing guidance
- if you can, wear something that covers your nose and mouth in places where it's hard to stay away from other people
Read more about why vaccines are safe and important, including how they work and what they contain.
- Covid-19 Overview
- Covid-19 Support (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 Test and Trace
- Covid-19 Vaccination Program (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 vaccination: why you are being asked to wait
- Covid 19: Book a Lateral Flow test (UPDATED)
- Covid 19: Surge Testing
- Instructions when attending Putneymead for an appointment in the isolation Room
Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine
- UPDATE: Digital COVID Pass
- NEW: Book or manage a Covid - 19 Vaccination
- NEW: Tell the NHS about coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations you've had abroad
- UPDATE: London COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Reference Group 23.09.2021
- NHS APP (UPDATED)
- NEW: Residents in England who have taken part in COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials
- Covid 19: DISINFORMATION
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine
- Who can get the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Advice if you're of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding
- How the COVID-19 vaccine is given?
- How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How effective is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How you will be contacted for your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
- What happens at your appointment?
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination
- Can you go back to normal activities after having your vaccine?
- Can you catch COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- What to do next
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.