Can you catch COVID-19 from the vaccine
"If you are vaccinated in hospital, we will be notified directly. You do not need to inform the practice."
You cannot catch COVID-19 from the vaccine but it is possible to have caught COVID-19 and not realise you have the symptoms until after your vaccination appointment.
The most important symptoms of COVID-19 are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
Although a mild fever can occur within a day or two of vaccination, if you have any other COVID-19 symptoms or your fever lasts longer, stay at home and arrange to have a test. Further information on symptoms is available on NHS.UK.
- Covid-19 Overview
- Covid-19 Support (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 Test and Trace
- Covid-19 Vaccination Program (UPDATED)
- Covid-19 vaccination: why you are being asked to wait
- Covid 19: Book a Lateral Flow test (UPDATED)
- Covid 19: Surge Testing
- Instructions when attending Putneymead for an appointment in the isolation Room
Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine
- UPDATE: Digital COVID Pass
- NEW: Book or manage a Covid - 19 Vaccination
- NEW: Tell the NHS about coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccinations you've had abroad
- UPDATE: London COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Reference Group 23.09.2021
- NHS APP (UPDATED)
- NEW: Residents in England who have taken part in COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials
- Covid 19: DISINFORMATION
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine
- Who can get the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Advice if you're of childbearing age, pregnant or breastfeeding
- How the COVID-19 vaccine is given?
- How safe is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How effective is the COVID-19 vaccine?
- How you will be contacted for your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination
- What happens at your appointment?
- What to expect after your COVID-19 vaccination
- Can you go back to normal activities after having your vaccine?
- Can you catch COVID-19 from the vaccine?
- What to do next
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.