APPOINTMENT BOOKING SYSTEM
Please make sure you are a patient of Putneymead Group Medical Practice before submitting your MEDICAL QUERY.
We have a new system for contacting the practice – for booking an appointment or for any other query. It is a simple online form which takes a few moments to fill out. We will get back to you within 1 working day. Most of the time this means you’ll get a response the same day. If it’s urgent we will get back to you as quickly as we can.
If you don’t have access to the internet, or would be unable to use the form for another reason, you can still contact the practice on 020 8788 0686 and we will fill out the form on your behalf. You can also call for anything that is too urgent to wait up to 1 working day.
Why have you changed the system?
Our patients have told us that once they get to the right person, they’re very happy with the care they receive at Putneymead. However, they also tell us they find getting through on the phone difficult and inconvenient, and say it is hard to get an appointment with the person they want to speak to or see. This change should make it easier for us to deal with your issue quickly, and get you to the right person, first time.
What are the benefits to me?
- Easy to access: no app, no account needed - simply submit a query directly through the practice website. It should only take a couple of moments to do.
- Convenient: available Monday - Friday, so you can send in your request at a time that suits you, rather than having to wait for the phone-lines to open.
- Faster: the requests are simple to submit, so you don’t need to wait on hold on the phone.
- Efficient: your request will be seen by the right person, first time.
- Fairer: those who need appointments most will get them, rather than those who got through on the phones first.
- Turnaround time: we will get back to you within 1 working day (most of the time this will be the same day) so it’s very quick.
- Continuity: you can request to be contacted by a specific GP or member of staff – if they are available we will do what we can to honour your request.
Is Patient Access changing?
You will still be able to access your medical record, view test results and request repeat prescription through Patient Access / MyGp / NHS App. You are also able to book certain appointments such blood tests, smear tests, flu jabs, counselling and physiotherapy. However you won’t be able to book an appointment with a doctor or physicians’ associate via Patient Access / MyGP / NHS App, and instead will use the new online form to request an appointment.
What should I use the form for?
You can use form for anything you would usually contact the surgery for such as medical issues you want to discuss with a doctor or nurse, repeat prescriptions, or admin issues like getting a sick note or test results. The response is not immediate so please do not use it for very urgent matters or medical emergencies.
What if I don’t have a mobile phone?
You can still use the contact form if you don’t have a mobile phone, you just need access to the internet such as on a computer or tablet device. You do need to provide a contact number of some kind but this could be a landline if you don’t have a mobile phone.
Will this disadvantage me or my elderly or vulnerable relative?
For those with access to a mobile phone or internet, the new online form will be a more convenient way to contact the practice, which should free up our phone lines for those who really need it. If you or your relative cannot use the form please contact us on the phone as you normally would.
APPOINTMENT BOOKING SYSTEM
- Appointment booking system
- What days of the week do clinicians have regular clinics?
- What information do patients submit?
- How to send your GP a photo
- Have a Video Consultation with your GP
- My GP has Sent me a document via text
- My GP has asked me to respond to a text/send them a photo
- Patient Access
- Home Visits
- Keep it or Cancel it
- Practice Information
- Repeat Prescription
- NEW Instructions when attending Putneymead for an appointment in the isolation Room