Changes to Booking System
- A limited number of GP Telephone Appointments are now available online via Patient Access portal .
- All appointments are same day telephone appointments in the first instance which are released each day at 0800 am. They can only be booked by phoning Putneymead at these times on Tel: 020 8788 0686 and online via Patient Access portal.
- Following NHS Guidelines, this change has been implemented to reduce the risk of viral transmission.
- Online Consultations are now available via Doctorlink
Putneymead is a large practice that are open from 08:00-20:00 Monday-Thursday, 08:00-18:30 Friday and 08:00-11:30 Saturday. We have broad range of staff including Doctors, Physician Associates, Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Counsellors.
We offer a range of appointments at Putneymead. Routine appointments can be booked up to 8 weeks in advance with any member of our clinical team. These appointments are particularly useful if you wish to follow-up with the same clinician or wish to see a clinician about a non-urgent problem.
Automated appointment reminders are sent 3 days and 24 hours before. You can cancel your appointment by simply replying back to the appointment reminder using the word CANCEL, which immediately frees it up for others to book.
*Please ensure we have an up-to-date contact information (home no, mobile no, email address etc.) at the time of booking to avoid any cases of miscommunication.
Who to see?
General Practitioner (GP) and Physician Associate (PA) appointments:
We have “on the day” appointments with GPs and Physician Associates that are released each day at 07:57, 12:00 and 18:31 for the following morning. These appointments allow patients who need advice to see or speak to a clinician quickly.
Should our “on the day” appointments be fully booked up, we have two duty doctors who work in the morning and two in the afternoon. They run urgent telephone appointment clinics. Patients will receive a call back from the doctor who will discuss the problem and if deemed necessary, the doctor will arrange for the patient to come into the practice to be further assessed. These urgent telephone appointments can be booked by calling the practice on 020 8788 0686. Patients will be allocated a time slot for the call back.
Routine appointments and “on the day” appointments are available to book online or by calling the practice directly on 020 8788 0686
Practice Nurse and Healthcare Assistant (HCA) appointments:
Nurse and HCA appointments can be booked up to 8 weeks in advance online or via telephone and are usually 15 minutes in duration. Our large team of nurses all have different skills, if you are booking an appointment online, please check the below table to ensure the nurse you book with can see you for your particular issue.
Some appointments may require more than 15 minutes. If you need more than a single 15 minute appointment with the nurse, please phone the practice to book.
Putneymead have an in-house counselling team which can be accessed without the need of a GP referral. We provide “Direct Access” face to face and telephone appointments. These are available to book online or by calling the practice directly. During these initial consultations, the counsellor will be able to assess whether you would benefit from continued counselling at Putneymead or a referral to another service.
Student Medical Centre
If you are a registered patient at the Student Medical Centre (SMC) and wish to be seen out of Term Time please contact our main site Putneymead Group Medical Practice on 020 8788 0686
Please note that the above ONLY applies during periods of planned extended breaks and is usually advertised beforehand e.g. during school holidays when the SMC is closed. This does NOT apply during normal weekends and bank holidays.
Monday 09:00 – 17:00
Tuesday 09:00 – 17:00
Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
Friday 09:00 – 17:00
We are closed every weekend and bank holiday.
Text Messaging - Reminders, Invitations, Results
By providing your mobile phone number and email address you can now have reminders, invites and practice news and results sent to you directly by SMS or email.
This means that we will be able to communicate with you via text, land line phone and email, using automated technology that will enable us to contact you much more quickly and effectively. This will free up our staff to deal with those tasks only a human can do! It is important that you keep us up-to-date with your current mobile phone number and email address.
Types of communication include:
- Automated appointment reminders are sent 3 days and 24 hours before. You can cancel your appointment by simply replying back to the appointment reminder using the word CANCEL, which immediately frees it up for others to book.
- Targeted health promotion campaigns, such as flu clinics
- Targeted questionnaires to individual patients to help them manage chronic long term medical conditions better
- Reminders to attend specific clinics, e.g. diabetic, CPD, etc.
- Urgent communications: for example, if a GP calls in sick first thing in the morning, all patients in that surgery will be advised by text within minutes.
Of course, you can opt out by sending us a message or advising reception, but you would not be benefiting from the quick and non-intrusive communications from us that the system provides.
If you do not want to receive information by text message on your phone or via email, please inform your doctor or a receptionist when you’re next in.