How to Request a Home Visit
We offer home visits for patients who are genuinely housebound because of illness or disability.
Please try to telephone reception before 10:30am if you think you may require a home visit. We will take your details and ask a doctor to get in touch over the phone initially.
A doctor will phone you back to discuss the matter on the same day. We find that often problems can be safely managed with telephone advice, or it is much more appropriate to manage incidents by arranging a district nurse visit or a hospital attendance rather than a home visit.
Please remember that multiple patients can be seen at the practice in the time that it takes to make a single home visit. This is why we fully explore all alternatives before confirming whether a visit will take place or not. We also have better facilities on-site for examining and treating patients.
ONLINE CONTACT SYSTEM
- (NEW) PUTNEYMEAD TOTAL TRIAGE
- Appointment booking system
- Make Requests using the NHS App
- Who to see?
- What days of the week do clinicians have regular clinics?
- What information do patients submit?
- Performance and Efficiency
- How to send your GP a photo
- Have a Video Consultation with your GP
- My GP has Sent me a document via text
- My GP has asked me to respond to a text/send them a photo
- Patient Access
- NHS App (Full Record Access)
- Home Visits
- Keep it or Cancel it
- Practice Information
- Repeat Prescription
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.