How do I make an appointment?

Please call our main switchboard number on 020 8392 3679 to book an appointment at the Student Medical Centre.

Alternatively, appointments can be booked online through the Patient Access app - please ask at reception for registration information for online services.

We operate an advanced access appointment system, which means appointments are opened on a Monday morning at 08.00 for the whole week - this usually means you can get an appointment to see the Nurse or Physician Associate on the day you call.  In addition we offer telephone consultations during every Surgery whereby the Doctor can call you and discuss your health needs. Telephone appointments are particularly useful for patients who are busy, but need clinical advice.  Face-to-face appointment availability is between 09.30 – 16.50 Monday - Friday.

Nurses based in our practice treat patients for a wide range of common conditions including minor illness such as coughs, colds, throat and ear infections, contraception and sexual health, and travel health information and immunisations.

Who do I see?

Please see Services & Clinics page for an outline of who to see.

I've really hurt myself - where do I go?

There is a minor injuries unit across the road from the main campus in Queen Mary's Hospital. The MIU is a walk-in service that is open from 8am to 7pm every day. 

If you have lost consciousness, have a laceration that is very deep or will not stop bleeding or think you may have broken a bone, please go to the nearest A&E department. (Kingston Hospital, St George's and Chelsea and Westminster are our nearest hospitals with an A&E department). 

I'm unwell and it's the evening or weekend...what do I do?

Call NHS 111 for advice - they are also able to book out of hours GP appointments for you if you need to be seen.

Get advice from any of the local pharmacies - ASDA Roehampton has an instore pharmacy that is open over the weekend.

If you have a UTI or a minor injury, visit a walk-in centre (either at Parson's Green, or behind Clapham Junction Rail Station) or the Minor Injuries Unit at Queen Mary's Hospital.

If you are having a mental health crisis and you are worried you will not be able to keep yourself safe, please go to your nearest A&E, or call NHS 111 for advice. Please find contact numbers below for other support available.

 Call helpline Samaritans 116 123 (UK)     Papyrus 0800 0684141

The Mix crisis messenger provides free 24/7 crisis support across UK. If you aged 25 or under, text THEMIX to 85258 

VICTIM SUPPORTLINE: 08 08 16 89 111

NIGHT-LINE: 020 7631 0101 (6pm – 8am) 

I need a dentist as I have toothache...where do I go?

You will need to register with a local dentist as they are separate from GP practices.

To find a local dentist, please click here

If you are in pain and have not registered with a dentist, please call NHS 111 for assistance.