Downloading the NHS App on a mobile device:
- Open the App Store or Play Store.
- Search for ‘NHS App’ and select install.
- After installing, select the app to open it.
Registering onto the NHS App on a mobile device:
- Enter your email address and select ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Continue’ to set up a new NHS login.
- To create an account you will need to know your NHS number or name, date of birth and postcode. Select ‘Continue’ if you know this information.
- Create a password and select ‘Continue’.
- A code will be sent to your email address to confirm who you are.
- Enter your mobile number. You will be sent a security number via text to confirm your mobile number.
- Once your registration is complete, you will be asked if you are happy to share your details from your GP Surgery with the NHS App – choose ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ and select ‘Continue’.
Logging into the NHS App on a mobile device:
- Enter your email address and select ‘Continue’ (Image A below).
- Enter your password.
Get your pass
View or share your COVID-19 status on a mobile device:
- Open the ‘NHS App’ by selecting it.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- Select ‘Get your NHS COVID Pass’.
- Select ‘Continue’.
- Select ‘Domestic or Travel’ (Image B below).
- You now have the option to view your QR code or:
- Download a copy - Select and print or ‘save to files’
- Receive an offline copy by email - Simply ‘click and confirm’
- If you select ‘Travel’ you have the option to ‘Show details’
- You will see a QR code which you can present when asked. (Image C below)
If you don’t have access to a computer or smartphone and have been fully vaccinated, you can call 119 for a copy of the NHS COVID Pass letter.
It can take up to 5 working days for your letter to reach you.
If you have any further questions visit www.nhs.uk or call 119.
- the NHS App is FREE
- the NHS COVID Pass is FREE
- the NHS will NEVER ask for payment or any financial details
- the NHS will NEVER issue fines or penalties relating to your NHS COVID Pass
Free lateral flow tests are available from most pharmacies or by ordering through the GOV.UK website.
You can also report a COVID-19 lateral flow test result on the GOV.UK website or by calling the phone number on the test kit instructions.
If you have not yet had your vaccine you can book by visiting the NHS website or call 119 to book an appointment near you.
Further informationNHS App help and support(external link, opens in a new tab)
Everything you need to know about using the NHS App.About the NHS App(external link, opens in a new tab)
An overview of functions and services available through the NHS AppDemonstrating your COVID-19 vaccination status(external link, opens in a new tab)
How to get the NHS COVID Pass and demonstrate your coronavirus (COVID-19) status when travelling abroad and domestically at events and venues in England.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.