The Well Centre is a health hub where you can see a doctor, counsellor or Health & Wellbeing Practitioner to discuss any of your health concerns or worries in a safe and confidential space.
The Well Centre service provides access to GPs, a counsellor and team of Health & Wellbeing Practitioners.
On meeting a young person a member of the team will endeavour to assess their needs by undertaking a holistic assessment known as the Teen Health Check. This will help us to identify a tailored support plan for each young person.
We can support:
- any young person aged 11-20
- provides access to GPs, a senior mental health practitioner and a team of health and wellbeing practitioners.
- can provide a holistic assessment and a tailored plan to support young people over the short and medium term.
- is a voluntary service meaning that young people should have the choice about whether they attend.
Unfortunately we are not able to:
- support young people requiring urgent care or who are at significant risk to themselves, these young people should be supported to attend A&E.
- diagnose or provide assessments for neuro-developmental disorders such as ASD, ADD or ADHD. Please contact CAMHS/your primary GP for support with this.
- support young people with Tier 3 CAMHS intervention, this includes those with significant mental health concerns such as early psychosis. Please refer directly to CAMHS/your primary GP.
- offer individual support sessions to parents/guardians or involve them in support plans where a young person doesn’t want this.
It should be noted that the Well Centre is not an urgent care service, we will endeavour to see young people as soon as possible, but there may be a wait of several weeks for an appointment, especially during busy periods.
It is also important that the young person who is being referred to the Well Centre knows about and has consented to a referral being made to our service. Young people who don’t understand or don’t want to attend the service are less likely turn up for appointments and engage with support.
Well Centre at Herne Hill Group Practice
74 Herne Hill
(entrance via Kestrel Avenue)
Well Centre clinic by invitation only at:
Putneymead Group Medical Practice (3rd floor)
266 Upper Richmond Road
T: 020 8473 1581
Reception phone line opening hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 11.00-18.30
Please contact us for an appointment as due to the pandemic we do need to ensure social distancing is in place.
We are currently running a mixture of face to face, online and telephone appointments across the week.
For more information, You can visit the website by clicking below:
Published: Mar 1, 2021
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.